Monday 2 July 2012

Rose's Spicy Soup Recipe

Our lovely Rose at the Down to Earth forums posted this gorgeous soup recipe last week...I only used about a litre of stock and made a very thick soup or stew ....it was so good I gobbled up two thirds of it and Joe was lucky to get a taste. This recipe is definitely a "keeper"~




You'll need to saute

a chopped onion
4 crushed garlic cloves
a heaped t of chopped ginger

Stir in
 2 t paprika
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t chilli flakes

Add
300 gms chopped pumpkin
2 chopped celery sticks
2/3 cup of red lentils
1 can of chick peas or 1 1/4 cups if you have cooked ones on hand
1 can of chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
3 cups each of stock and water(use slightly less for a thicker soup but don't let the lentils "catch" as they swell)

Simmer for around 30 minutes or just 5 minutes if you are using a pressure cooker.
It was really nice served with a dollop of plain yoghurt.

There are major improvements going on at Elizabeth's house this week, lots of decluttering, repainting and new furniture and floor coverings too. Can't wait to see the end results!

Off to the washing line, so glad it's sunny!
Love from Sue
xx





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I posted a version of this soup on my blog on the weekend too! Isn't it a great recipe? And very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yummy! thanks for sharing Sue :) Just thought I'd pop over and say Hi! I'm back from my little time away from the computer and need to catch up with how everyone of my blogger friends are going :)Hope you and the family are well, Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete