Wednesday 13 January 2016

Still Here But A Bit Shell-shocked

after my dearest Mum was diagnosed with lung cancer on Christmas. We'd already been all over Perth for a variety of scans and biopsies and were optimistic that it had been caught early and would be 'easy to treat'. As you can imagine we're all heart-broken and Christmas was a rather rough time. We did enjoy a meal together in the evening on Christmas Day and Mum was in good spirits. and certainly well enough to photo-bomb 2 of her great-grandchildren...


On Dec 29th she had another biopsy which confirmed lung cancer(Mum stopped smoking over 40 yrs ago btw) so at the moment her oncologist is waiting to see if the tumour has a mutation that will let him treat her with tablets rather than IV chemo. Her next appointment is on Jan 21st~ we're very pleased she can have the treatment locally instead of having to travel miles and that she has one of the best oncologists in WA.
There is already pain in her lung when she lies down and she suffers nausea which is really spoiling her (in)famous appetite too but she remains her loving and strong self.

One day at a time again...Priscilla's tumour has stabilised and she's enjoying relatively good health these days so that is a big blessing.

Please keep them close to your hearts
Love from Sue
xxx

The front of our home on Christmas Day, that frnagipani is worth it's weight in gold for the shade it gives us.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, so sad to hear about your mum's diagnosis. I hope and pray that everything will be okay. Damn cancer seems to be everywhere.

    Sending love and best wishes to you and your family,

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs, Sue. I will keep your lovely mum as well as Priscilla in my prayers. I have a cousin going through lung cancer treatment at present too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always thinking of you and your family with much love and hope xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big bugs dearest Sue... I'm so sorry about your Mum. She looks so fit and vibrant in the picture! I will keep you and your Mum in my thoughts each day (with Priss). XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. Such devistating news for your family. I'll be sending positive vibes and thoughts to your family.
    All the best x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sad to hear of this. I have always admired the relationship your and your mother have and the many traits and interests you have in common. I will keep all of you in my prayers and in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will definitely keep your Mum and your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to all of you Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Sue... first visit to your blog.. So sorry to hear your mums news. My elderly father is also unwell with late stage emphysema.. he was also a smoker but hasn't smoked for well over 30 years...best wishes that her treatment goes well. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your mom Sue. I pray this will be something that she can get the pills for instead of the chemo but doctors knows so much now a days how to go about treatments. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all the best for your mum & hope she has a speedy recovery
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, I met you at RDH last Thursday, you were with your Mum, so sorry to hear she is going through this too, Bill my husband has lung cancer also, may they both get through this without too much suffering. Lots of love and hugs Joy.

    ReplyDelete