Tuesday 22 November 2011

A New Sewing Machine Cover

Last Friday I showed you Elizabeth's painted roses that she's given to me to make something with. My daughter paints on fabric using acrylic paints and is self-taught. She also gave me a piece of this fabric to help me along and yesterday it suddenly occurred to me that a new sewing machine cover would be ideal...it would show off the beautiful painting and rarely need washing. I've used this easy tutorial several times, always without the lining to save fabric. Sew Mama Sew have heaps of  free tutorials and ideas...have a look!

I needed to add a little extra fabric to make the painted panel wide enough for my machine and I think this pink roses on a yellow background really carries the theme along.



Now it's the first thing I see when I open the door and it really delights me. Thank you Elizabeth! xx
our breadmaker cover
Thank you to Claire for your good wishes for Joe yesterday...today we see the rheumatologist  in Fremantle, Joe's GP thinks it's something like Tennis Elbow(highly unlikely it's sports related lol) but whatever it is the pain is very severe :*(

Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday wherever you are
Love from Sue
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue I am so with you for having covers for small appliances, keeps the dust of them and if they matching they look even better. I have bought new material to redo all my covers for my new cottage oneday. I only just found your blog, dah so nice catching up with you, now on to look at the rest of your blog:))
    Rina... www.pumpkinpatchgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete