Saturday 9 August 2014

Flower Power

It may be mid-Winter but the sun is bright and flowers are everywhere, yesterday Deb treated me to lunch and we sat outdoors looking over into Warnbro Sound, it was beautiful.

Here are some of the flowers that are colouring our gardens in the complex where we live now...













One of our neighbour's pawpaws look almost ready...she has 4 trees all grown from the seeds of a pawpaw she bought to eat...


and the fog yesterday that almost kept me at home...


Dad is in the wars again with a torn tendon, arthritis and bursitis all in the same shoulder and my cousin Andrew has just broken his leg helping a friend round up some sheep in the UK...hoping for a speedy recovery for them both!

A baby photo to finish off, Twitch was about 4-5 months old in this pic, he'll be 3 yrs old at the end of October...can you see his left-hand whiskers? He jumped up on the coffee table during a black-out and singed them on a candle! Some rabbits!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend, lots of knitting and watching footy on the telly is lined up for me!
Love from Sue
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower pics Sue. Truly beautiful. I am so pleased you conquered the fog. Twitch is just too cute. All the best to your Dad and Andrew. Life can be so hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Heather and thank you too for the lovely surprise phone call just now, it was really good to have a chat over the many miles between us.
      Hugs too
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely flower photos, Sue. Such vibrant colours. Sorry to hear about your Dad hurting himself as well as Andrew. Now that Twitch....what a silly little rabbit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Chel...I truly love flowers and do take time to stop and smell the roses lol
      I've got Dad some protein and vitamin powder to make healthy drinks, baked him a cake and knit 2 woolly hats for him! He'll feel loved and that will help
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hello Sue, just checking on you, it's been awhile and I get concerned if my blogger friends don't post as usual. Hope all is well or at least managable with you and yours. Special prayers for Priscilla and family. Hedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue :) I've just popped in to say HI! it's been far to long since I visited my friends in the blogging world! I love the red rose, just gorgeous. Isn't Twitch just so cute :) I hope you and your family are well and hopefully enjoying some warmer weather now. I will pop in again soon, Regards, Ruth x (MrsW from Come Smell the Roses)

    ReplyDelete