Monday 30 January 2012

Feet Treat

I go barefoot most of the time I'm at home, in the house and garden, so my feet are pretty grubby by the end of the day. Here's how I get them really clean and refreshed again.

I gather about 2 cups of fresh herbs from the garden, last night's medley included rosemary, basil, mint, thyme, sage, hibiscus flowers and geranium leaves. Place them in a large bowl or bucket with 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate and about 4litres of cold water. Add feet and relax for 20-30minutes while watching TV!

If we had a bath I would pour boiling water over 3-4 cups of fresh herbs and let them steep for 15mins, strain and then add to bath-water....bliss and free too ;)




Some older garden photos here...it never fails to amaze me as to what can grow so happily in pots and I can move them out of the sun or into the rain with relative ease.

Priscilla's latest news is that she will be starting a 5 week course of chemotherapy, pre-surgery, once she's had a bone biopsy and portacath installed in this coming 2 weeks. She will also need very expensive injections to keep her white blood cell count up so a social worker may be able to help with that. The side effects from the chemo will be rough and they'll be using 4 different drugs in all; Doxorubicin, Cyclophosphamide, Etopisode and Carboplatin. Needless to say she's very concerned about how she will cope with these treatments as well as her 2 babies so please keep Priscilla in your thoughts and prayers. We love you Priscilla, so much.
xxxx

Love from Sue

4 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclophosphamide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear there is some progress for Priscilla. It won't be an easy road, but it's better to get started on the journey. My love and very best wishes are with her and with you and Joe.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've hit the nail on the head as usual, Claire. Hopefully once the treatment starts it will ease Priss's mind a little that she's no longer just waiting but actively treating this 'menace'.
    Hope you are improving too,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know this lady, but my thoughts & best wishes are with her xx

    ReplyDelete