Saturday 25 November 2017

Besotted With Colour!

I've been to our local hardware warehouse -garden centre today and taken lots of colourful photos...I much prefer Bunnings to any jewelry or clothing shop...poinsettas




orchids...


hyacinths...


dahlias...


geraniums...


gerberas...


vincas...


salvias...


marigolds and roses...


petunias...



more petunias...


foxgloves...


and some colourful ornaments...the lions get a big zero from me as they are so tacky and cost $500 each! lol



a metal kangaroo and owl...


Hope you aren't too dazzled by all this colour; I bought a dwarf bougainvillea with variegated leaves and and a deep pink 'flower' for a big pot by the front door...I painted this pot yesterday, it's been at my folk's place for yrs as it was full of mother-in-law's tongue plants and too heavy to move, Dad and Dave pulled it all out for this week and hey presto...



Wishing every-one a great weekend where-ever you are,
Love Sue
xx

10 comments:

  1. I love the rooster. You are right, lions are so tacky. I wonder who buys those for $500. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're almost life-sized too, Nil...I just shake my head!

      Delete
  2. Sue, a second Bunnings opened up here a couple of weeks ago and I went to their 'soft' opening. I was amazed by the different coloured hydrangeas they had including the ones you have shown. I ask the staff member about them and whether you had to add lime or whatever to get certain colours like with the old bushes but apparently there is no need with these new ones. I went back after the Grand Opening to take some photos of them for a blog post to compare them with our old and huge blue hydrangea but they had all been sold. Unbelievable! They certainly are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel...yes there are so many varieties of most flowering plants now...I was delighted by those foxgloves, so unusual
      xx

      Delete
  3. I’m off to Bunnings today to buy some seedlings and look forward to seeing all the colour. Love your blue pot especially the contrast of pink flowers.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! They also have a huge variety of herbs and vegies don't they? Watch out for those lions!

      Delete
  4. Wow - the colors are so beautiful. Love the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it lovely to wander through garden centres and see all the plants and flowers. I have to be very disciplined whenever I get a chance to do that because otherwise I'd come home with the lot! I love your bright blue pot, the dark pink flowers of the plant looks great. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting here in the cold I am especially enjoying the blogs with all the flowers. I enjoy winter and don't like heat but I do miss the flowers! Thanks for sharing, think the foxglove and orchids are my favorites. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post! Beautiful flowers! Merry Christmas to you and your family Sue!

    ReplyDelete