Wednesday 24 August 2011

Anzac Cake

Another delicious cake that's currently doing the blog rounds is Anzac cake....I found it here and Tania found it here! Have a look at both of these lovely blogs Aussie blogs while you're there!

You'll need....

1/2 cup Golden Syrup( I didn't have enough so used a tablespoon each of golden syrup, maple syrup and honey)
125gms butter
1/2 cup raw sugar

Gently melt them together in a small saucepan.

2 cups SR Flour(I used plain wholemeal and 4 t baking powder)
1/2 cup coconut, shredded is nice

Mix these together and then thoroughly mix in the melted butter etc.

Beat together 2 eggs and a cup of milk and mix that in too.

Grease or line a baking tin 20-30cms in size and bake for about 45minutes at 180C

The cake has a delicious toffee-like taste and is great on it's own, but my friends have a recipe for icing that they describe as "out of this world" so that may be a nice idea for a special occasion.

                                         If you're quick enough you can freeze some for later!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, thanks sharing this recipe. I have never heard of an Anzac cake until now :) I make Anzac biscuits and I also have an Anzac Muesli Bar recipe I've adapted but not the cake. Will have to try it soon :) Regards, Ruth @ http://comesmelltheroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete