Tuesday 2 August 2011

Maple Syrup Ice Cream~~~~For The Canadian In My Life

Joe has been craving some beautiful maple syrup ice-cream for several weeks now and it's just not available here in Australia. So after seeing Sarah's simple recipe for home-made icecream I came up with this recipe.

....you'll need

2 cups of cream
2 cups of milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 plus 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
free range eggs, I used 7 smallish egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

Mix all the ingredients in a medium sized sauce-pan and stir over gentle heat until your custard thickens...do not let it boil!

Allow to cool and then pour into a container, I used an old 2 litre ice-cream tub, and place it in the freezer.

It now needs to be stirred occasionally until it sets, once an hour worked well.



Enjoy....this recipe "only" makes one litre and at the cost of about $8 is definitely a luxury but it was worth it to see Joe's face when he tasted it....and non-Canadians will love it too!

6 comments:

  1. Reading this yummy recipe, sent my tummy into feed me this spasms.. I so love Maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ah Wendy! It's such a lovely treat in Canada, often with chopped walnuts added too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi indeed my Zombie loving friend...welcome to our backyard

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. "?Nice to see your blog Sue, I've joined you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Rose and welcome to our "Funny Farm"
    xxx

    ReplyDelete