Sunday 21 August 2011

Bonne Fete, Maman

Today is my Mother-in-Law's 79th birthday. Lisa St Onge was born in 1932 in Gaspe, Quebec, the youngest of 18 children. She herself had 7 children, Majella, Pierre and Denis Rioux and then Leo, Denise, Serge and Manon Caissy.

Here are Denise, Majella, Maman, Serge, Manon and Joe(Leo), sadly Majella passed away several weeks after this photo was taken...


Here's 4 generations of her family...not complete as many live too far away.



Front row: Josiane, Doris, Michel, Roxanne, Jennyfer with Mike and Priscilla with Kyra.
Back row:Denise, Brian, Majella, Maman, Serge, Manon, Gerry, Leo/Joe, Mickael and Will.

Happy Birthday, Lisa xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Given the Internet, it is possible for me to find at least two generations of my family, but it dead stops there, aside from a telephone call twenty years ago from some stranger, a distant gazillion-removed cousin or something, who was looking for a person in her family tree, which was me. Other than than, I have nothing, three photographs and then a whole Universe of nothing.

    So, you having this blog to hold memory and tradition for your loved ones, well, that just freaking blows me away. Jessie Mashiter's 1950 photograph nearly made me weep. Heck, the last four photos did that. Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've hit the nail on the head, Juds...this blog is for my family and I was blessed to have a childhood that included a lot of wonderful old family stories. I started keeping notes when I was 21yrs old and have questioned my Grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles and cousins along the way!
    Now to get it down before it gets lost!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete