Wednesday 12 June 2019

Craving Oranges

Don't you just love the way your body tells you what it needs? Day 12 of this bug and all I want is juicy mandarin oranges...at the greengrocer's I hefted each by hand looking for the heaviest and therefore juiciest fruit. All that Vitamin C must be good for me! Those apples are this season's...they are very crisp and firm, there was also a new type of apple with an very dark almost black skin, must try them soon too...


I've made a cable stitch 'beanie' for my nephew, Jack...he's a young fashion designer now with an eye details so I think he'll love working out how the cables are formed...it's a free ravelry pattern ...


I'm also smitten with these 'knotted' scarves and another type called a 'keyhole' scarf

Celtic Knot Scarf

I've made this lovely keyhole scarf already...it's that no longer available Jeans yarn from Spotlight...
I'll post the instructions separately soon...


We've had an incredible amount of rain recently, Elizabeth's bus is leaking and weeds are sprouting everywhere. Speaking of weeds, David turns 10yrs old on Saturday...how did that happen?

Vera is settled into a lovely nursing home with her own room and ensuite bathroom, I haven't been to visit yet as I don't know if I'm contagious or not...I cancelled my blood-work appt yesterday just in case. The 'flu virus is killing people so it's best to stay indoors if you can.

Last night we had lamb chops for the first time in years as they are rather expensive. These were delicious and so very tender...Joe carefully cut off all the fat but I just hoovered up everything but the bone lol I fried off onion and capsicum and 1/2 t curry powder and cooked rice and raisins and fried some tomatoes separately too. Tonight we'll have Italian style sausages and pasta and there's left-over Indian chicken for lunch from the freezer.

So that's us for now,
Hope you're well and happy too
Love from Sue
xxx



2 comments:

  1. After seeing the oranges now I have a craving too. 😁
    I love your scarf. I am learning to crochet and made two dish cloths while learning new stitches. Soon I hope to be able to make a simple scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. elderberries are high in vitamin C too, there are quite a few other fruits around if you can't get hold of the traditional oranges & mandarins; there's a recipe for the elderberries a cold & flu syrup from memory, am sure if you google it will come up; hope you get better soon too
    lovely beanie & thanx for sharing the patterns for it & the scarf
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete