Saturday 25 August 2018

Jennett Cragg and Lancashire Wool

So excited to read this blog post today from a lady producing and selling wool in Lancaster and the surrounding area.

Her new wool is named after our ancestor Jennett and Kate tells the story of how she went on horseback in 1687 to London to collect her baby grandsons after their parents died of typhoid fever...

have a look at Kate's wool and the beautiful scenery around Lancaster

A Lancastrian Legend

I wrote about this story in one of my earlier posts too Jennett Cragg

Here are a couple of our photos of Littledale and one of the lovely sheep farms in the area





6 comments:

  1. I love those kinds of stories, and the feel of something old and comforting...guess I'm not the only one!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Kathy, ty for all your encouraging comments tonight, hope you are well and enjoying your Summer xxx

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful area. Thanks for sharing the link Sue.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful area with lovely hills. I will read a bit more about it. Thanks for sharing Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sue!
    I discovered your blog due to our mutual relations with Jennet Cragg. As I haven't counted back, she would be my ??x great grandmother on my mother's father's side. I am related to David Cragg (1769 - 1835). I am writing due to the poor lack of historical information portrayed on Jennet's profile in FamilySearch.org She was obviously quite a woman and would love to, at the very least, add the documents from your 2011 blog about her. Hopefully, we can connect somehow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo there Leonard...have just a quick look on facebook for you and sent a msg to a man who is hopefully you. I recently came into contact with some distant cousins, one of whom has access to Quaker records and a diary of Jennet's grandson, John which is fascinating. Hope you read this, by all means use any of the info I have given here.

      Delete