Wednesday 3 December 2014

Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs

Very Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs

I modified a nice recipe yesterday and made these meatballs without having to brown them first

500gm minced pork and beef

2 sliced onions
4-5 whole cloves of garlic
1/2 red capsicum/pepper, chopped
a sprig each of rosemary and thyme or a teaspoon each of the dried herbs

2T tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
1 1/2 cups of beef stock
1 tin of chopped tomatoes OR 1 1/3 cups of passata(tomato puree)
salt and pepper to taste

Place the vegies on bottom of SC
Roll mince into golf ball sized meatballs and place on vegies
Mix the wet ingredients in a jug and pour over the meatballs

Cook on auto for around 4 hours, stir and serve as preferred. Nom!

6 comments:

  1. Sue my crockpot cooking settings are low and high. Which one would you suggest I use? Sounds so wonderfully easy and yummy. Coming up next week. I have some frozen passata in the freezer that I made up earlier this year. It will be perfect for this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, I'm pretty sure that Auto is high for 2 hours and then it turns itself down to low...could you do that? I actually turned mine off after about 3 hrs and left it for another hour or so...you can check a meatball to see if it's done inside...happy eating!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Way too easy - am doing this for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good & easy, Sue. I am looking at making a Christmas pudding in my slow cooker. Anything to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool, it never even occurred to me to do the whole thing in the slow cooker, good thinking and thanks for sharing - this is definitely going in the keeper file!

    ReplyDelete