Thursday 1 October 2015

A Diamond Wedding Anniversary

Today is Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary, we wish them beautiful day and are so grateful for the wonderful couple they are and the loving family they have created.


From this blessed union have come two children(Ian and I), 6 grandchildren and 6 great-children.

The wedding took place at St Mary's Priory in Lancaster where Dad's parents had married about 28 years before.

L-R Nana Kelsall, bridesmaid, Uncle Tom, bridesmaid, Uncle Ken, Dad, Mum, Uncle Alan, Auntie Jessie, Uncle Bob and Nana and Grandad Gardner...



They went to London for their honeymoon...


Congratulations to you both, enjoy your special day
xox

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the very happy couple!
    hope they had a great day!

    love those old photos & isn't her wedding dress just so simply gorgeous!?
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Selina...Mum was onlt 18 yrs old then and her waist was 21 inches! When I was about 8 yrs old she gave me the dress for playing in...I couldn't do it up and I was a skinny child...I ruined the dress by playing outside in it.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your parents on this special anniversary, Sue. I just love that photo of them in London with the pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel...yes that's a favourite of all us too, they both look so dapper and happy. I fed the pigeons in Trafalgar Sq too yrs later; I let them perch all over me not realising their wet and poopy feet would leave such a mess on my coat! Had to go into a nearby Pizza Hut cafe to clean up!
      xx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful tribute to a lovely couple. Happy Anniversary to your Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete