Monday 20 May 2019


 Hallo there, there a few recent pics from around the house and garden...look who turned 3 yrs of age last week...our Charlie and his Mum excelled herself with this beautiful cake complete with fire engine topper that a friend had made her(I'm learning all sorts of new baking terms from Bree and her cakes!) We had a feast at Nando's, we're all chilli heads here I think!


I finished a baby blanket this week-end, I used 2 strands of 4 -ply acrylic, it's so very soft and made up a broken basket stitch pattern in the middle of the night when all our best ideas come to us!


Snapped these glorious roses while taking the photo of the blanket, for such neglected rose bushes they produce prolifically and make a lovely gift for any-one feeling blue.


Major excitement when I spotted this almost ripe orange on my potted Cara Cara tree....the frangipani  trees had been sheltering it from view but they are losing their leaves now and wow! I also have lemons and limes ripening  but this is my first ever orange!


Our Paul has been going out with his mate, Jason, in Jase's boat...fishing, catching squid and trapping crayfish in deeper water...here's Jason this morning(it is so cold atm) with catch of the day...I just cooked one of them and shelled it, there is a surprising amount of meat them. We'll eat it warm with salad and brown bread and butter I think keep it simple is best here...


The guys also smoke fish and here is one of Jason's pies made with smoked fish and crayfish in a thick tasty sauce...so very good...not unlike our Tassie Scallop pies really....


So the days pass by like sands through the ...oh oops! sorry for the plagiarism (not).

Love from Sue
xxx

Cake of the Week from Bree too


2 comments:

  1. Magnificent cakes!!! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! I'm so impressed. The cakes are lovely, too. I bet they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete