Sunday 11 September 2011

Happy 80th Birthday, Uncle Alan

I know many people today are remembering the appalling acts in New York now known as 9/11 and I send them my best wishes and love.

However in our family we're celebrating the 80th birthday of a much loved uncle, Alan Gardner, my Dad's only brother.

Here he is at Caton Green in July 2007. Uncle Alan is a former soldier, a qualified electrician, former fireman and security guard. In recent years much of his time has been taken up caring for Auntie Jessie at her home and maintaining her garden as well as his own.

Hopefully today he's off out for a great meal with his lovely wife, Auntie Margaret, and son and DIL, Andrew and Joanne.
Auntie Margaret and Uncle Alan at Unka Tom's before a memorable meal at Whitewalls Restaurant in Hest Bank.

Happy Birthday and many more xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Uncle Alan and to my nephew who is 31 today.

    ReplyDelete