Saturday 3 November 2012

Nana's Biscuits

Jess(9) and Livvie(8) came over after school yesterday with their Dad who has replaced the towel rail I broke recently. I knew the girls would be hungry so I baked some wholesome biscuits and made sandwiches  and got out the orange juice. The visit was extra special as this is the first time the girls have asked me for a recipe, they both enjoy cooking from scratch too.

I've mentioned before that I really like the Women's Weekly series of recipe books...it's very wide ranging and the ingredients are easily found in my area. I adapted the Butter Oat Snap recipe slightly, mainly to add 1/2 cup of choc chips I had left-over. It's from the "best recipes from The Weekly" book.




Makes around 30 biscuits.

Mix together
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of wholemeal plain flour
3/4 cup of coconut
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup of choc chips or dried fruit(optional)

Melt together
125 gms butter
2 T honey
2 T water
1 t bicarb of soda

Let that cool slightly and then mix it into the dry ingredients.

Roll teaspoonsful into balls and place on a lightly greased baking tray. I had to squeeze them quite tightly to make them stick together.
Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes or until just golden.

Gordie and I collected Mum and Dad from the dock yesterday morning, both of them really unwell. As well as Mum having pneumonia Dad is coughing and his eyes are both weepy and infected. As soon as we got home I called their GP and Dad is now also on anti-biotics and eye drops! Get well soon Ma and Pa xoxo The doctor's visit on board, meds and x-rays etc came to over $700 but they do have travel insurance to cover all but the first $100.

I know I still haven't shared my photos from the Down To Earth King's Park picnic yet...we had the most wonderful get-together imaginable. There were 10 of us in all as Lynn dashed over after her appt! Will show you very soon.

Wet and quite stormy here this weekend after last Saturday's 35C. The girls' Teeball game was washed out and we all got soaked lol

Bye bye for now,
Love from Sue
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment