Thursday 7 February 2013

Markets of Paris

Towards the end of last year when Blogger began charging for space I deleted all my posts and photos of Paris and Canada. I'm going to slowly "revisit" these places and greatly reduce the size of my photos before showing them here again.

In the summer of 2007 Joe and I stayed with my Uncle Tom near Lancaster and also flew from Manchester to Paris for a 5 night stay. The following year we were lucky enough to be able to spend a whole month living in a Paris apartment as well as another lovely month with Uncle Tom.

One of my very favourite things was shopping for food in Paris and that meant the fantastic markets as well as the regular small shops that abound, bakeries, cheese shops, fruit and vegetables, seafood and meats, treats like sauerkraut and German style sausages and the patisseries are almost too good to be true!

Here are a few of our photos from 2008. The nearest market to us was on Avenue du President Wilson...have a look...beautiful fresh seafood...


fabulous breads...


 farm fresh onions and turnips...


vibrantly coloured fruits...


beautiful flowers...


mouth watering cheeses...


a mountain of fresh, fragrant herbs...


and a picnic lunch in a nearby park...German meats and sauerkraut  yoghurt cheese, tabouleh  2 gorgeous lumps of cheese whose names I no longer remember, Lebanese flatbreads...


I have many more photos I wish to return to my blog and will slowly work on that!
Au revoir!
xx


1 comment:

  1. Ohh, what a delightful place. I love all that fresh fruit and those cheeses looks incredible! I am lactose intolerant but still love cheese. My goodness the roses are so lovely!! You have a wonderful blog. I will take a look in previous posts if I may.

    ReplyDelete